We have relocated to Texas! Stay tuned for details about the course in Texas!
There is no charge for ground school for the 3 day tailwheel course.
The Cessna 170A cost per hour of dual is $195/hour.
Our course consists of 3 days of training as follows:
- Ground Lesson 1 (1 hour)
- Flight Lesson 1 (1.5 hours)
- Flight Lesson 2 (.5 hours of ground, 1.5 flight)
- Ground Lesson 2 (1 hour)
- Flight Lesson 3 (1.5 hours)
- Flight Lesson 4 (.5 hours of ground, 1.5 flight)
- Flight Lesson 5 (1 hour of ground, 1.5 flight)
- 4 hours of ground
- 7.5 hours of flight
Estimated total cost: $1500 - $2000
We have a structured syllabus to keep on track and ensure you learn all aspects of the operation.
14 CFR § 61.31 - Type rating requirements, additional training, and authorization requirements.
(i)Additional training required for operating tailwheel airplanes.
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (i)(2) of this section, no personmay act as pilot in command of a tailwheel airplane unless that personhas received and logged flight training from an authorized instructor in a tailwheel airplane and received an endorsement in the person's logbook from an authorized instructor who found the person proficient in the operation of a tailwheel airplane. The flight training must include at least the following maneuvers and procedures:
(i) Normal and crosswind takeoffs and landings;
(ii) Wheel landings (unless the manufacturer has recommended against such landings); and
(iii) Go-around procedures.